Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Making a wand



I will show a couple of the wands I made for my boyfriend and for myself. They are pretty basic they came from trees that lost a good limb that fell from a tree in a windy storm the one with the black is my boyfriends and his was made from a rowan or ash tree behind the apartment. I just size it to where its the length of my inside elbow to my wrist and the thickness of my thumb. I painted it with colors I wanted to work with and runes. I carved carefully a hole on the ends to put crystals. The darker one has just a small crystal from a jewelry kit put in place with wax. It seems to work well for us.




Now the pentacle I have under it I made with buying just a clay pot bottom and then painted a pentacle and other wanted decorations for the different solstices. I got the idea of the pentacle from the book "Witch A Magickal Journey" by Fiona Horne. There is also a shaman staff that I am finishing up made of a willow branch from a fallen willow tree. I will take a picture and put it up later when finished. You can also add a dedication spell of your making to help make it work with your energies. I know it is easier to just buy one but by making it you can be more in tune with the energies, of course it does not hurt if a friend makes it also you can still dedicate it to work with you.



No comments: